Frequently asked questions
My oximeter does not respond when you turn it on
- Check that the device contains working batteries.
- Try and replace the batteries with new batteries.
- If the device is still not turning on, please contact our team
The oximeter will not pick up a patient HR or saturation
- Remove any finger tattoos, nail polish, gel acrylic or henna, or choose another finger that is free from finger tattoos, nail polish, gel acrylic or henna.
- If you have any hyperpigmentation (dark spots) on the finger, please choose another finger as this will affect the accuracy of the data.
- Make sure that you are sitting still, with your arm resting on a support.
- It is difficult for the oximeter to take readings when the patient is too cold. Try to warm the fingers before trying again.
- Clean the probe gently to clear the sensor from any debris, dust or particles that may be interfering with the signal.
- If the device is still not picking up the signal, please contact our team
Which finger should I use to measure most accurately
For most accurate results, please use the middle finger or the thumb of the right hand.